Friday 21 September 2007

T. F. I. F, if you know what I mean!

Thank [goodness] it's Friday today! I've been absolutely knackering myself this week with all the walking and getting up early; It'll be good to sleep in tomorrow. That's what weekends are for, isn't it? :op

Last night, Holly and I went to a party at the house of one of my German friends, Steph. Steph is in my French class and she'd invited us to go to a bash at her place for Erasmus students. It was cool: we dolled up and caught the metro with a few bottles of booze tucked under our arms, ready for a night of revelry:
When we got there (which was a bloomin' chore in itself!), we were the only English people; everyone else was German! We had some really interesting chats with the other girls about the differences between Germany and England. It brought back memories of Mr Kreft's lessons (Ruth will know what I'm talking about!) and it brought forth the few German sentences that I could remember from the dusty recesses of my mind! Basically we had an awesome time, and when we came home, I was so tired that I couldn't be bothered to edit my last bloggage entry, therefore, it has been pasted on the top of this one! :op My blog = my rules.

Anyways, Friday! The first truly chilly day here! I swear, everyday so far has been like summer still but today I felt the "Brrrr" factor! There was a national call for Polo-necked jumpers, and I am proud to say that I was there to answer it! :o)
Speaking of answering calls, my PC Microphone broke the other day and had been giving out mild electric shocks to my bottom lip whenever I tried to speak into it; I think it's time for a new one! A mic is a must-have for me because I make most of my phone calls on Skype these days; it's soooooooo much cheaper (being free and all. . . ) and it's just as clear as if you were speaking on the phone! Great, now I sound like an advert: but seriously, if you want to speak to me in person, call me on Skype :o)

Anyway, to get to the point, I needed a new mic and, having found no computer shops nearby that HADN'T been closed since June 06 (Pfft stupid PC City. . . ), I walked into the nearest electrical shop that I could find after my French class.

The following transaction duly impressed me because: I managed to get across to the salesman what I needed, I understood his suggestions for various different types of mic, I reasonably conveyed my preferences for the mic, and the sale went extemely smoothly! I've probably been diddled out of more Euros than it would have cost me if I'd bought it from PC World (in France) but then again, I needed a new one desperately and now I have one. Problem solved :o)
After this fantastic purchase, I was in high spirits crossing the bridge towards the Notre Dame. . . that is until this came into view. . .
No, it is not THE King Tut, but a silly man dressed in a sheet. If you know me well, you'll know how severely people in costumes like this freak me out (like mannequins) and this one decided to be extra evil and he reached out to me as I passed him. I'm not kidding when I say that, if his hand had made contact with my arm, or if I hadn't noticed him when crossing the bridge, my foot would have quickly found it's way to a soft, squishy, painful area on his person with considerable force. Don't MESS with me when I'm nervous!
Mel left very early this morning; Hope you got home OK mate, and hope you had a good journey!
Holly's mum arrived this evening and she's a real sweetie! She's promised to cook us a curry tomorrow night too! :o) God bless Mummys. (The mothering kind, not the kind pictured above!)
Well, that's enough for today, kids; I'm gonna go get some sleep. xxxx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not supposed to put the mic in your mouth!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy! Make sure ur enjoying burself and not spending all ur time taking photos and blogging 2 keep us up 2 date (not that im complaining lol ;P), so i havnt written anyfink 4 a while its taken me a while 2 gt the net set up at uni,
wb
miss u!
xx

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!