Saturday 22 September 2007

I am ashamed. . . .

Sorry for the lack of recent updates, my dearies; Holly's mum has been spoiling me rotten: feeding me and doing all the grocery shopping, so, I have been lulled into a state of laziness unmatched so far!

Ms Canning arrived on Friday and we spent the weekend doing some exploring around the city with her, involving one rather traumatic meal in a Greek restaurant! Throughout the meal I was getting eyes from the waitor there, and as he handed us the bill, he asked me out. Although he was sweet and kinda cute, I really wasn't interested in going out with him. Still, I didn't like to say "no" to him straight off so I left the option open for me to go back to the restaurant, one day in the future, if I felt like it. He kept asking me to go for a drink with him and told him that I might "possibly" be back. I haven't been back yet, and don't think I will. The language barrier was a bit too vast (he spoke French but I don't think it was his native language and he didn't seem to catch some of the simpler French sentences that I spoke to him) - it would have been too awkward. Plus, I feel weird about being hit on when I'm not out on the pull. I just wanted a simple lunch with Holly and her ma; I didn't WANT to be picked up right then.

Having said that, I wouldn't have objected if sexy banker-man had asked me out whilst he offered me documents and forms to sign and date. . . . hmmm. . . . ah well, I can dream :o)

Here's a random little fact for you, kids:
Do you remember the "Where's Wally?" series of books? For those of you with memories like sieves, it involves a very busy cartoon scene in which you had to spot the little nerdy-lookin' guy in a stripey vest, bobble hat and glasses! Here he is:
Anyways, point I'm trying to get to is that here in France, "Wally" does not exist! They search for CHARLIE!!!
Hehehe, not all that interesting but I thought I'd tell you nevertheless.

I'm still ill :o( but plus side to this story is that Ellie will soon be here :o) She's arriving tomorrow, almost the same time that Holly's mum is leaving us. Can't wait!!

Right, am now off to Bedforshire 'cos I feel ROUGH. Have a lot of travelling to do tomorrow so it's gonna be tough considering I feel like crap. But I shall try to get better before Ellie arrives :o)

Bye all!
xxxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT i think we should go to war to fight for wally. where they get charlie from?Daffers xx