Friday 7 September 2007

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!

This morning we had to get up fairly early in order to walk to the Sorbonne for the French test. We arrived perfectly on time although we were forced to wait in line for a place in the Auditorium. We were in a separate building and were queuing down a spiral stone staircase towards an enormous lecture hall, bedecked with black leather seats. Talk about grandeur! As we neared the front, we started to get nervous at the sight of every other student wielding their home university student ID cards. Holly did not have her card with her and neither did I as both cards were in the ID packs prepared for the enrolment yesterday. All was fine though because the woman on the door had a list of names to cross off.
We found some places to sit, were handed out our test papers (which thankfully weren't too thick) and when the last person had taken their seat we were told we could begin.

That test was INCREDIBLY difficult! I wouldn't be surprised if I was BEGGED to take a place on the French refresher course now! I was quite ashamed by how hard I was finding it and I feel quite embarassed when I imagine the examiner reading my free written section of the paper. . . .
The question (I think) was: Have you ever been scared? If so, when, of what and how did you react?
My answer: I am scared of spiders. I think they are disgusting; I especially don't like the way they move. Very creepy. Last week I saw one in the bathroom and I immediately screamed to my brother "COME HERE NOW!" He came running in and hit it with a Maths book."

I had been quite pleased with myself writing that all in French, but we also had a multiple choice question which was something along the lines of: Choose the right word for the gap, "ceux" "ce" "ces" or "ce la". . . I was stumped. I am sorry to say, it came down to an "eeny meeny miny mo" decision. I handed in the paper and sped out of the hall at the soonest opportunity; as I said before, it wouldn't be a disappointment at all if I managed to get on the course, and it sounds like I need it now too!

Holly and I grabbed some lunch, had a chat and then walked home. Via the pet shops by the river. . . .



I want one. Seeing those gorgeous little puppies makes me go all gooey inside :o) I'd love to take them home and love them. Maybe sometime in the future I'll have a little puppy of my own. But for now I'll have to make do with admiring them from behind the glass case. . .

Anyways, I'm gonna go watch some comedy sketches with Holly now. xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck On Your Results They Wont Be As Bad As You Are Thinking im sure. Smuggle me a puppy back my dogs got too big now after one year hes huge.
Daffers