Thursday 20 September 2007

Mel's last day. . .

Today was the last full day that Holly's mate, Mel, will spend here so, when my French class ended this morning, I met up with Mel and took her to lunch then to the "jardin du Luxembourg". We had a lil wander around and admired the sculptures in the gardens:
(P.S. Wouldn't like to meet the Spider that spun THAT web! ^^ *shudders*)
There were MANY sculptures!

A passing old man told us that these are supposed to be tears, then explained in rather broken english that 'posing for pictures with them makes them happy'. . . I don't know what he was talking about, but I thought, hey! I like Posing! :o)
There are some truly beautiful gardens here that visitors to Paris should definitely see!

Some parts were quite exotic, as you can see! :op Whilst others looked classically elegant:

Unfortunately, I don't. . . . hehe!
After we left the gardens, we treated ourselves to a Crepey-treat each, mmmmm. . .
By way of my latest 'rude photo', I thought that this tree had a rather interesting growth attatched to it. . . but the more I look at the picture, the less I can see what I originally thought it was! The closer I scrutinise it, the less funny it looks, so if you glance at it and don't laugh straight away, you probably won't see what I saw on there!

I seem to have a bit of an addiction to the hats shops near our apartment at the moment! I have to walk past this shop every morning on the way to my French class and it is torture, not being able to go in and buy anything! I have imagined an outfit to go with every hat in this window, so I think the only genuine deterrent for shopping cravings is my lack of funds. And a very good deterrent it is too! I'm on my last 8 Euros until Ellie arrives on Sunday; she's bringing gifts of gold (a.k.a chequebook), frankincense (a.k.a make up supplies from Boots) and "myrrh" money! I'm a riot! I make myself laugh at the smallest and most insignificant jokes. . .

Anyways, I shall leave you with this interesting fact: Did you know, that in France, there is no such thing as being Green (e.g. recycling, not littering etc. . ) Here, it is called being YELLOW! It's because there are different colour wheelie bins for different materials, and the plastic/paper recycle-y one has a yellow lid. . .

You learn something new everyday! :o) Ta ta for now! xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha its where wally or in this case amy in the pictures where your hiding in the sculptures. Looks Very Beautiful

Daffs