Tuesday 4 September 2007

The feverish onset of homesickness. . . :o(

Today has been a bit of a rough rollercoaster ride, emotionally.

I didn't see this morning, as I was up late last night chatting to Holly; instead, as soon as I woke up, I lay in bed watching French TV until I could be bothered to get up and get dressed. When I could bring myself to make an effort with the day, Holly and I took a little wander up the road to the nearest supermarket, where we spotted the latest "rude food". . .


Mmmmm, Gayelord biscuits. . . . :op


Hehehe, well, after this retail delight, my day brightened considerably!
However, I was slightly confused to discover this shop in Paris (thought I'd found my way up to Russia instead!):

Hehe, you can even see an Amy reflection in the second one :o) Marvel at the CLAW clutching my camera. . .

After the little walk to the shops, I retreated back into the flat in order to write this blog entry and send some important e-mails. Unfortunately, when I was in the middle of sending an e-mail to an admin guy at the Sorbonne, the internet crashed! Holly and I desperately fought to repair the connection but it didn't want to play ball. We decided to turn the pooter off and give it a rest whilst we walked up the road to HSBC to sort out a french account for me. When we got there, we were introduced to an extremely BUFF young bloke with a sexy voice and a scrummy tan! He led Holly and myself into his office, locked the door and proceeded to have his wicked way with us. . .

. . . nah unfortunately not the case, but he WAS HOT, so I certainly wouldn't have said no! No, instead of that sexy little scenario, he told me that I needed certain documents (which I did not, of course, have on my person at the time) in order to open an account there, and that the branch was closing for the day in approximately 30 minutes. Yippee. . . So, we power-walked back to the flat (luckily, it is only round the corner from us) and hoped that the internet had fixed itself so we could print off a document I had received in an e-mail attachment.

It had not. We succumbed to the fact that sod's law was not going to permit me to open a bank account today, so I shall have to wait just that little bit longer before I will be financially secure enough to shop (which my parentals, no doubt, believe is a very good thing!). Grrrrrrrrr.

I decided to call my mother for a chat and a moan, whilst Holly went for a walk along the river. Talking to Mum made me feel extremely homesick, but when I'd hung up, I settled myself on the double sofa for the remainder of the afternoon to watch Amelie and eat Milka chocolate:

Yum.

After a relaxing afternoon, Holly returned and in a last ditch effort, tested the internet again. This time, it worked. Why is it that technology doesn't like me? My computer refuses to work here at the moment, but Holly's has done since she arrived here. I use it for a few days and the internet makes a stand and refuses to work for me for a few hours. Pah.

I'm gonna go to bed soon in protest. Evil technology, have at thee! I'll tackle you with a good night's sleep, so there!

P.S. Going to the Sorbonne tomorrow and possibly to play with some baby aminals!

Wooo! Shall update soon! xxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Im Just Too Rude If I Was Gay I Would Go To France And Have Cock In A Tin And Gayelord buiscuts. I Blame Amy For Taking Picture Of This Rude Food.Hope Your Enjoying Yourself xx
Daffers

Anonymous said...

Damn it! am I doomed to b 2nd commenter on every1 of ur updates?!!! damn u daffers!
Anyway dont get homesick, its like hardly any time til xmas, 111 sleeps 2 b exact (sum1 told me this morning honest). how much does it cost 2 call norwich phones from where u r?
Ruth xx